10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
Providing Valuable and Accessible Services and Benefits - We know that you have many choices when it comes to aligning with professional associations that provide you with strategic benefits and partnerships. Membership to NYSSOS is paramount as the Society works on your behalf to address the challenges facing you, your practice and our specialty.
1. Connection: You are connected to your fellow orthopedists across the state producing positive results for you and your patients.
2. Annual Symposium: The annual Symposium provides quality education and networking for orthopedists, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that orthopedists voices are being heard. The Legislative and Advocacy Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of orthopaedic and public health issues under consideration by the New York State Legislature and regulatory agencies. The Executive Director also serves as the Society's lobbyist to advocate for priority orthopaedic ssues.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to orthopedics. You remain informed in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with orthopedists and public health professionals in the state and across the nation, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional Society and over 1600 orthopaedists in the State.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all NYSSOS sponsored continuing education events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.