Governor Cuomo has called for a series of “listening sessions” across New York State to receive public comment regarding a proposal to legalize and regulate the recreational use of marijuana in New York State.
There are public health concerns with this proposal including but not limited to the following.
- Carcinogenic effects
- Respiratory illnesses
- Altered mental status
In the era of narcotic dependence and associated catastrophic outcome, the State of New York is seeking to legalize this substance. It is important to have a consistent and scientifically sound public health policy concerning this issue.
We encourage all physicians to participate in these listening sessions and provide your expertise and feedback.
- Newburgh – Monday, October 1, 2018 – Register
- Binghamton – Tuesday, October 2, 2018 – Register
- Buffalo – Wednesday, October 3, 2018 – Register
- Rochester – Thursday, October 4, 2018 – Register
- Syracuse – Tuesday, October 9, 2018 – Register
- Utica – Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – Register
- Watertown – Thursday, October 11, 2018 –Register
- Ronkonkoma – Tuesday, October 16, 2018 – Register
- New Rochelle – Wednesday, October 17, 2018 – Register