On behalf of the NYS Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Join us as an attorney from Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP and a Risk Management Consultant from MLMIC Insurance Company discuss the evolving changes to state and federal law associated the pandemic, and provide strategies to maintain safe healthcare operations.
Whether you are a hospital, ambulatory surgery center, or a physician office practice, you have faced the unprecedented and rapidly evolving challenges associated with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
As we address the impact of the second wave of the pandemic, questions arise about
the liability risks associated with COVID-19 infections how best to protect yourself andyour organization from liability.
At the end of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
1. Understand the current legal updates associated with COVID-19
2. Identify the types of allegations anticipated from the pandemic
3. Discuss the use of telehealth and the potential for arising liability claims
4. Evaluate the liability risks related to infections occurring in the healthcare setting
5. Address the frequently asked questions encountered with the administration of
COVID-19 vaccines to your community
CME Accreditation Statement
MLMIC is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) to provide CME for physicians.
MLMIC designates this live Internet educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NYSSOS serves the interests of New York orthopaedists and their patients by helping to create an optimal practice environment in which to provide quality and efficacious orthopaedic care.
Address: PO Box 38004, Albany, NY 12203